GENUS Cloud brings our display technology forward into the era of Internet-driven cloud solutions. The primary objective was to reduce costs by eliminating the need for local shop-based content storage. However, this is just one of many benefits delivered by this technology.
Firstly, in addition to reduced costs, no local storage means that these devices are instantly on – i.e. no wait time for content to synchronise – but it also means that a much wider range of signage player devices become suitable for the task.
To extend the rage of hardware players even further, the Genus software was redeveloped from the ground up to make it platform agnostic, meaning it can run on Windows, Linux and Android devices too.
Another advantage to using cloud player devices is that they are practically purpose-built for live TV streaming applications. IPTV is a major focus for many such media player devices and as such includes inbuilt support for commonly used streaming protocols, such as H264 & H265.
IPTV streams can be played from existing Internet sources or otherwise published and delivered through our own content delivery network. 2DB can also transform local in-shop video/audio sources into IPTV using our own range of hardware encoder devices.
Coming from the family of Genus products means that support for all the features you’ve come to expect from Genus is part and parcel of the solution. For example, Multiview displays, live TV overlays and support for all standard multimedia formats are a given.
Genus Cloud can be used to manage an entire gantry of screens. However, it also offers an easy opportunity to extend an existing gantry installation by one or more screens to display additional content; whether it be IPTV, All-In-One race-cards or simply used for marketing & promotions.
- Integrate one or more video streams per display
- Low cost screen controller hardware
- Cloud based content delivery (no need to synchronise data)
- Simple and quick to install
- Full control of the screen layout, be it a single page, 2x2, 3x2 or 3x3 formats
- Target specific product ranges or sports categories
- Drive an entire gantry of screens, or integrate seamlessly with existing Genus installations or as an ‘add-on’ to other display system products.